The task: Provide entertainment and fun for all while showing what a great city Manchester is!
- Hula Tikki for its relaxed, themed bar. I like the aquarium and the blowfish lights. Also the flamed cocktails always entertain. Flames!
- Centro. It’s achilled out place with some gorgeous lampshades I really want! (Birthday ‘s in a few months guys, you might want to start saving!)
- Socio Rehab – I just really like the place. Always something new to try. Not cheap unfortunately but you get what you pay for: Great drinks. Good music. Always good fun.
- Hunters for a traditional post drinks snack – Kebab of course. Opposite Bluu Bar and Dough, it consistently delivers great food – not just drunk food. The boys felt the sense of belongings and entertainment as drunk punters were flocking in. Although it was still early doors to see the real circus (1am).
- Koffee pot – Amazing Ful English brekkie. Perfect for hungry French boys eager to experience England at its finest.
- Quick walk through the Printworks to show them the outside/in concept
- Beetham Tower for the view of course.
- Le clou du spectable; Old Trafford for a Man U – Bolton. Game. Both rugby fans, boy oh boy did they love it? Yep. My bro even bought the jersey top the day after! Bless!
- Cornerhouse for bit of a coffee/cup cake break. Haven’t been there for a while for drinks and they have great coffees, decent beers and fantastic cupcakes. I didn’t try anything else but all the cakes looked good I have to say. Proud to say I introduced 2 boys to cupcakes.
- Rusholmes for a shisha
- Bank for a drink. Ok place. I have been 3 times I think in my 10 years in Manchester. Chainy/puby type but I was really surprised to find a decent pinot noir (which is also available in Lounge 10 but for £13 more! Ouch Lounge 10!)
- Chinatown’s Red Chilli. Probably one of the best if not the best Chinese in town. Consistently offering great Beijing and Sichuan dishes. Never had a bad meal there. Truly great place and it was my cousin’s first Chinese meal believe it or not! What a start!
- Corridor to end the night in style! I love Corridor but due to my Northernquarterism (acute laziness to go elsewhere for drinks) I haven’t been for a long while. Since my last visit I spotted so many new cocktails I will have to go back to investigate! We sampled a fair few between the 4 of us and all spot on.
- Katsouris for a fantastic brunch. I really like the place and the food is just fantastic and really decently priced. Good grub. Highly recommend the hot sandwiches (all good) and the amazing mezze platter. All freshly prepared and super tasty!
- Manchester Art Gallery. My cousin expressed is lack of interest of paintings and I had something up my sleeve! I took them to see Anish Kappor “Flashback” exhibition. Second time for me. I really love the bold colour of the pigments. The shapes. The effects. I simply find it very beautiful.
- Shopping. We spent the rest of the day shopping in the numerous shops around the city center.
- Sunday roast. I made my first complete roast. It was nerve wrecking with my crap oven but it came out great! I was really chuffed. Event made a giant cupcake (which I failed at sadly).
Visitor #1 Experienced visitor
Visitor #2 UK virgin!
Mission 1: Friday night.
Upon arrival, straight in the swing of things; i.e. bars around my neighbourhood.
Weapon of choice?
I could not resist this one too. Sorry.
Mission 2: Saturday
An all day-er here. Keep focus and keep delivering.
Weapons of choice:
Mission 3: Sunday
Same as Saturday. A full day of food and drinks!
Mission completed and accomplished.
The boys looked like they had a fantastic time. I know I did!